Friends.Family.Everything.

Friends.Family.Everything.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Victory!

Brady's baseball team, The Rockies, hasn't been doing well all season. You see, his team is really young and most of the kids are coming up from t-ball and we had 2 kids quit because of getting hit with the ball. Only 4 of the kids had played on the 7-8 year old team before, and one kid hadn't played yet. So, of course, we hadn't won any games. We'd been close 2 times, only losing by one point. Our team has come such a long way and we have some really sweet kids.  But on Saturday, we had a double-header, playing two games. AND WE FINALLY WON THE LAST GAME!! We were so excited!
So yesterday, we had an end-of-the-year picnic for baseball, even though we still have a game under the lights on Wednsday at 8pm (it was rescheduled). The kids had a lot of fun at the picnic!
 The men socilized, and talked about baseball, hunting, etc.
 This is a funny story. I'm eating, and I see these 2 brown figures out along the grass. So I yell, "DAD! LOOK AT THOSE GROUDHOGS!" My mom goes, "Lauren, those are people's heads." Boy, did I feel stupid.
 This is Kevin. Kevin is four and will tell you anything and everything. He is hilarious and will make you smile instantly. He's the kid who wants me to race him, the kid who came to my house the other day and we asked him if he saw the chickens, he said, "No, but I have long pants on so I won't get the chicken pox." Haha! He's the kid who tells me at the ball game, "My mom has two kids......and I had yogurt for breakfast!" I love him!
 Sweet Kevin.
 This is Brady's team. Crazy boys!
 See the little kid in the blue shirt with his mouth hanging open? That's his response to Dad saying he wants to take the team to a Sun's game.
 I love toothless smiles(:
 The kids all got certificates (that I made) and trophies.
 This is the smile of a boy who knows that he did a great job in baseball!
 Reading the certificate.
We had such a fun day!
Note: I apologize for the blurry/dark photos. The pictures are from my iPod and it was dark under the pavillion. Also, I can't enlarge the first 2 photos because it will run into my sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment