Friends.Family.Everything.

Friends.Family.Everything.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Only The Beginning

A very exciting thing in my future career happened this weekend! I heard on the radio that they were having try-outs to sing the National Anthem for a local baseball team. I've done this in the past and enjoyed it so I decided to try again. The try-outs were held at the mall by one of the popular country stations in this area. When I got there, there weren't very many people there because I was one of the last to arrive (surprise, surprise). I wasn't really that nervous.
I was so excited because I saw the morning DJ's for the radio station! I listen to them all the time and there they were! It was very exciting. They announced my name and  I sang. I think I couldn've done better, but I did pretty well. But the exciting part came after. I was getting ready to leave, when a lady came over and told me that she was from a local newspaper and wanted to interview me! It was so cool! But some of my answers weren't that great because I do bad under pressure haha. But when she asked what kind of music I listened to, I said country and she said that she could tell because I had a country vibe in my voice! That's the biggest compliment anyone could give me because I've always wanted to be a country singer! Hopefully this won't be my last interview and it's only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment